How do I begin a new Student Organization?
- Decide on the club name and type (make sure your club is not a copy of a already existing one)
- Recruit a club advisor. Faculty (active or emeriti) or Staff (full-time).
- Contact the Student Government Association (SGA) to get started with a club constitution/charter that includes:
- The nature and mission of the organization
- Membership requirements
- Leadership roles and responsibilities (including faculty/staff advisor)
- Process for removal of someone in a leadership position and/or filling a leadership vacancy
- Organization operation (how often to meet, policy for quorum in a voting situation, etc)
- Funding strategy and expected expenses
- Set up an interview time and present the club/organization to the SGA to get approved.
- Once the SGA has approved the club/organization, setup a meeting with the Student Activities Coordinator to setup your club's OrgSync Portal.
If you have further questions, please contact Suvi Piipponen, Student Activities Coordinator, at email@example.com
or at ext. 1386.