Gorgas, formerly the largest women's residence hall on campus, became co-ed in the summer of 2005. Gorgas is located on Tennessee Avenue, next to the soccer field, The School of Theology, and the Tennessee Williams Performing Arts Center. Gorgas is located about halfway between central campus and the Cross.
Home to men and women from all class years, Gorgas is known for its spacious rooms and active atmosphere. Gorgas contains three floors, with a mix of single and doubles on each floor. Community bathrooms are located on each floor and have private showers, a bath tub, plenty of counter space, and outlets. All rooms are carpeted and windows are furnished with blinds.
Average Room Dimensions: 185 square-feet
Average Window Dimensions: 73" wide x 63" tall
Room Furnishings (based on a double occupancy room):
- Two Twin beds with approximately 20 inches of storage space under each bed
- Two desks with chairs
- Two wall-mounted bookcases with three shelves each
- Two dressers with five drawers each
- Two built-in closets with a rod to hang clothes and a shelf above for extra storage (closets do not have doors)
- Full-length mirror on the back of the door
- Two waste bins
- One room phone and two Ethernet ports
Gorgas has two kitchens, both located on the first floor. One is a full, eat-in kitchen, and the other is a half-kitchen located next to the common room. The common room is very large with comfortable couches, chairs, tables, lamps, cable television, and a VCR/DVD player.
Gorgas Hall rooms are not air-conditioned. The Gorgas common room is air-conditioned.
To see more photos of Gorgas, please visit the Gorgas Hall photo album on our Facebook page.