Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE)

The Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapter at the University of the South is one of the oldest chapters in the country, founded in 1881. The Tennessee Omega house was the first SAE Fraternity house ever built in 1886. It was financed by the money members made delivering mail. The chapter has continued to thrive on campus for over 100 years and is located at 66 Mississippi Avenue.

Chapter Nickname: SAE

When Chapter was Founded at Sewanee:  August 20, 1881

Values:  Be a True Gentlemen

Colors:  Purple and Gold

Symbol: Lion

Minimum GPA Required for Membership: 2.5


Chapter Officers

Chapter President:

Social Chair:

Rush Chair: