At the Sewanee Summer Music Festival, students ages 12 through graduate school receive four weeks of personal and intensive musical training with inspiring conductors and a world-class faculty. Just a few features:
- Renowned conductors and faculty.
- Weekly orchestra performances.
- Chamber music tailored to each student with frequent faculty coaching and many performing opportunities
- Weekly private lessons.
- Master classes.
- Jacqueline Avent Concerto Competition. Winners perform with SSMF Faculty Orchestra and receive scholarships.
- Seminars covering a variety of topics such as college application process, life as an orchestral musician, professional development, resume writing, performance anxiety, avoiding injury, and more.