College Faculty Meetings 2017-18
The first College Faculty Meeting of the 2017-2018 academic year will be held on Friday, September 1st in Gailor Auditorium.
Please note all the dates of the forthcoming faculty meetings during the year. All meetings will be held on Fridays at 3:30 p.m. in Gailor Auditorium except:
Wednesday, May 9th, Gailor Auditorium, Senate begins at 3:30 p.m., College Meeting to follow at 3:45 p.m.
Saturday, May 12th, the last meeting, Gailor Auditorium, begins at 8:30 a.m., followed by Senate.
The Intercalary meetings have been scheduled in addition to the regular college faculty meetings.
|September 15, 2017||Intercalary Meeting|
|October 13, 2017|
|October 27, 2017||Intercalary Meeting|
|November 10, 2017|
|December 8, 2017|
|January 26, 2018|
|February 2, 2018|
|February 16, 2018||Intercalary Meeting|
|March 2, 2018|
|April 6, 2018|
|April 20, 2018||Intercalary Meeting|
|Wednesday, May 9, 2018||Senate and Faculty|
|Saturday, May 12, 2018||Faculty and Senate|
New Faculty Development Sessions(Center for Teaching, 2nd floor of duPont Library)Unless otherwise noted, all sessions will take place from 3 - 5 p.m.
Fall 2017September 8
- Introduction to general education and assessment
- Course design / proposing new courses (with a representative from CAPC)
- Syllabi Workshop
- Today's students
- Reflections on the first semester
Spring 2018February 9
- On-campus allied programs and resources for faculty development
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion: the inclusive classroom
- Getting to know the University: staff panel
- Balancing teaching, research, and service: relecting on the first year and preparing for the second-year review
- Brief overview of the College and University committees and service