Public Policy & International Affairs Program
For nearly 35 years PPIA has been supporting students in their pursuit of graduate degrees in public policy and international affairs. The PPIA Fellowship begins with the completion of a Junior Summer Institutes (JSI). JSI is an intensive seven-week summer program that focuses on preparing students for graduate programs in public and international affairs and careers as policy professionals, public administrators and other leadership roles in public service.
Students who are selected for the 2018 Junior Summer Institute Fellowship cohort will study on the campus of one of our five participating universities:
To apply for the 2018 Junior Summer Institute Fellowship:
Before You Begin
- Please review eligibility guidelines and research the Junior Summer Institutes.
- Review the list of materials that will be helpful in completing your application.
- Identify the two people who will be providing letters of recommendation. You will need to provide their names and contact information in order to trigger an email to them with instructions for submitting their letter on your behalf.
Please plan out your time to ensure you are able to complete all components of the application. ALL MATERIALS ARE DUE BY NOVEMBER 1, 2017.
Starting Your Application: Once you have gathered all of the materials that you will need, you are ready to start your application.
- When you click “Start my application” you will be presented with an initial application form that will collect a few key pieces of information to get you started.
- Complete all the fields on the form and click “Continue.
- You should be directed to a confirmation screen that includes your unique Applicant ID #. You will also receive and email with this information. If you do not receive this email within 24 hours of submitting your initial form, please check your email Spam folder. If it is not there, please contact the PPIA National Office and our staff will work with you to ensure that you have access.
Note: You will only be permitted to complete one initial application form to start the process.
For detailed instructions for filling out your application visit Completing Your Application.