Answer the Hippocrates Challenge
The Hippocrates Challenge is a fundraising campaign for Sewanee's Pre-Health Program that asks friends to respond to an anonymous $500,000 challenge gift to implement the improvements illustrated in “Helping People Help People: Building a Stronger, Truer path to Pre-Health at the University of the South.”
With your financial support, we can make Sewanee’s Pre-Health Program one of the best in the country by:
- Providing salary support for a faculty director to lead the overall direction of the program and make connections with professional schools
- Supporting students by covering the cost of preparation activities, such as MCAT training, tutoring, and other educational, leadership, and career orientation activities
- Funding internships, both during the summer and throughout the academic year
- Covering administrative costs of running a top-notch program of co-curricular preparation, including a speakers’ series and professional panels and presentations
- Building networks, including networks of students and connections between students and health professionals.
Gifts to the Challenge will be any gift of endowment directed to the Pre-Health Program. Individuals can either contribute directly to the Hippocrates Endowment or establish another named endowment for a minimum gift of $120,000 for a pre-health internship.
To make an appointment to discuss the Hippocrates Challenge, please contact W. Scott Smith at 931.598.1158 or by email at email@example.com.
Name the Pre-Health Program: $2 million
Endow the Pre-Health Program directorship: $1 million
Endow the Pre-Health training program: $600,000
Endow a Pre-Health internship: $120,000
Make a Gift
Gifts of any size are welcome
Please designate your gift "Pre-Health" in the giving form.
Schedule a meeting
W. Scott Smith
The University of the South
Sewanee, Tenn. 37383